Learning and Teaching
- Professional development and collaboration opportunities for teachers and faculty heads to promote quality teaching and quality learning;
- Opportunities for collegiality and networking within a relatively small group;
- System-wide student and staff forums, encouraging the building of relationships between member schools and facilitating the open sharing of ideas and values.
- Opportunities for school leaders to undertake professional learning in the areas of school leadership, governance, risk and financial viability;
- Guidance to ensure compliance requirements for Australian and Victorian funding are met;
- Opportunities for sharing of expertise and best practice.
Compliance and Reporting
- Opportunities to share management practices at system meetings;
- Effective communication with both the Australian and Victorian Governments to ensure appropriate system recognition and funding for member schools;
- Transparent and democratic decision-making processes;
- Funding distribution and accountability requirements.
- Engagement of professional, educational and financial expertise sourced both internally and externally to assist member schools;
- Provision of support for new member schools and schools seeking membership;
- Investigation of potential group buying opportunities;
- Assistance with strategic planning of individual schools;
- Recruitment and professional advancement of senior staff;
- Ability to present a collective voice in the political arena when necessary and appropriate.
Membership of Ecumenical Schools Australia is growing and enquiries from schools regarding prospective membership are welcomed.
Collectively, Ecumenical Schools Australia members have a stronger voice than they do individually. Member schools are able to take comfort in the knowledge that they are part of a group representing over 17,700 local students, over 3,000 staff, and many regions of Australia.